Monday, February 4, 2013

My Quest for the Perfect Pair of Jeans




 Sunday, being my only free day during the week, is when I am forced to search out new clothing when my old standbys are too worn and threadbare to continue. Driving to the mall is no issue. Often I will also look at discount stores or even online. Websites with excellent return policies can be a wonderful way to give yourself a makeover with only a few clicks of your mouse. 

Today however I was forced out into the general public by the need to try on new blue jeans. While I have in the past purchased this clothing from the internet I find that the ability to try it on leads to far fewer regrettable purchases and overall a greater satisfaction in my new clothing. Sometimes sheer laziness is the reason I settle for a poor fit when I order online and on this particular occasion I needed the right thing the first time.

Besides purchasing new trousers I was also contemplating the possibility of purchasing a new pair of shoes. My old cozy pair of sneakers had holes through the soles and the side seams had burst. Without socks underneath my toes not only showed but were exposed fully to the elements. One brand I had been told may be to my liking was Clarks shoes. They are known not only for comfort but for durability and I can be very hard on my shoes.

Another brand about which I had heard many positive things was Mephisto. They provide a few edgier styles without compromising comfort, quality, or price. Not everyone can afford to drop $400 for a pair of shoes, especially on my budget. I only purchase something new when the item I already have has completely given up on life and is ready to be discarded or I have unfortunately outgrown it.
                 
After trying on seven or eight pairs of jeans two of them were acceptable to my purposes and I did purchase them. The fabric is thick but pliable, the pockets deep and functional, and the length and width well suited to my frame. They even make my butt look nice which is the primary function of jeans anyhow. Having completed my mission I drove slowly and carefully back to my house and brewed a cup of tea. My shoes could easily be purchased online I knew from comfortfeet.com and thus I headed there to spend less of my hard earned money.

No comments:

Post a Comment